We are a great company looking for great people.
Caption Colorado is a service company at its core, and great service begins and ends with great people. Our captioners deliver the missing soundtrack and provide access to what’s happening in the world, and you can too!
Imagine your world with no commute, no dry cleaning, and no transcripts. Caption Colorado offers full-time and part-time captioning positions and a world where competitive rates, flexible hours, and technical support are all available from the comfort and convenience of your home. Full-time employees are eligible for insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability), health savings accounts, and a 401k retirement program. And wouldn’t it be great to know that what you do every day has tremendous value and purpose?
Am I ready to be a Caption Colorado Real-time Captioner?
You’re Ready if You Are…
- A clean, complete, and consistent writer with 98+% accuracy.
- A writer who is conflict-free and uses prefixes, suffixes, etc. in your writing style.
- A team player who is able to work within Caption Colorado’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- A reliable and punctual person who is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service.
- A writer who actively seeks ways to develop and maintain superior real-time captioning skills through self-correcting, continuing education, and a willingness to give, receive, and incorporate feedback.
After the first round of applicant screening, selected candidates will be invited to take a real-time assessment consisting of a 30 minute local news program. When an opening becomes available, candidates with the top assessment scores will be interviewed and candidate selection will be based on the assessment score and the final interview. Assessments are reviewed on the basis of keystroke accuracy, conflicts, word boundary problems, overall flow, completeness, and comprehensibility. Candidates may be asked to complete more than one assessment.
Caption Colorado has long-standing partnerships with several schools throughout the country. We are the nation’s largest real-time captioning company and employ more than 300 real-time captioners! We’re experts in the best practices in training real-time captioners, both steno and voice. We know what works and what it takes to produce qualified, strong candidates in the real-time captioning industry. We offer a board range of services geared specifically toward producing top notch captioners.